We all crave for a picture-perfect smile, ain’t it? However, many people feel self-conscious with crooked, crowded or misaligned teeth. Nowadays, with the growing popularity in the need for teeth straightening, there is a great solution called Invisalign.
Aligners are a clear set of tight-fitting, personalized hard plastic mouthpieces that slip over your teeth. If you’ve got mild to moderate crowded teeth or have small spacing troubles, then Invisalign can be your best bet.
Invisalign is the biggest manufacturer of transparent aligners. However, this is not the only brand. Take note that, “invisible” aligners aren’t for each and every one. Your orthodontist checks and then recommends what’s apt for you.
- First your orthodontist takes some digital impressions.
- These impressions are then sent to the Invisalign labs.
- Next, an accurate set of trays are built.
- You have to wear the trays for a minimum 20 hours each day.
- You’ll get a new aligner after each few weeks to keep on moving the teeth in the precise position.
As the trays are easily removable, it enables you to follow your oral routine properly. The number of trays varies from person to person since this is based on how poor is your misalignment.
What are its Benefits?
- Trays are easily removable
- Straightens your teeth without any trouble
- Adjusts your bite if you have little overbite or crossbite or underbite troubles
- You get a pleasant appearance without having to hide behind metal appliances
- As trays are easily removable, henceforth you can easily maintain your healthy oral practices.
- Since it is tight fit, it’s convenient for adults and also teens.
How much do Invisible Aligners cost?
Generally speaking, costs range between $5,000 and $6,000 approximately for Invisalign. In fact, the cost depends on which orthodontist you opt for.
Get the help you need!
You may feel very little pain, discomfort, and mouth sores in this procedure than people with conventional braces.
Now, if you are looking for a ‘Dentist near me’, in Sioux City, IA, to get your Invisalign then surely visit our dental office us at Whispering Creek Dental. Our Dentist in Sioux City can help you achieve a beautiful, confident and healthy smile with Invisalign but at an affordable rate! We are just a call away! Schedule your appointment now.
Crooked teeth or malocclusion is a dental condition which has an enormous impact on your oral health. Orthodontic treatments today have advanced immensely, which is why getting your teeth aligned has become convenient.
Modern braces are not only comfortable to wear, but also yield better results. Invisalign or clear aligner is one of the most effective orthodontic devices. It is an almost transparent dental aligner which is removable.
Misaligned teeth can affect your dental health in many ways and in this post, we have talked about some of the oral problems caused due to the condition.
- Cleaning teeth becomes a matter of concern for a person who has crooked teeth. It becomes very difficult to reach the floss or the bristles of the toothbrush to certain areas due to misaligned teeth. Therefore, people with crooked teeth are more likely to develop dental diseases.
- The food particles remain trapped in between your teeth when brushing and flossing properly becomes difficult due to misaligned teeth. This further gives rise to dental plaque which is a sticky film and consists of bacteria. Plaque plays a major role in triggering periodontal disease which largely affects your gums and teeth. Right from receding to inflamed gums, you could experience a lot of discomfort due to periodontal disease. Your overall health could be at a risk due to gum disease.
- If you have both protruding upper and lower teeth, chewing your food could be a major problem. And when you don’t chew your food properly, you are bound to experience digestive problems. Therefore, it is necessary to get your crooked teeth aligned before it gets too late.
- The bacteria in your mouth can get multiplied if your teeth are misaligned. The biological cells will get more space to hide if due to your crooked teeth, this way the chances of you suffering from a cavity could be high.
- The escalating bacteria in your mouth can certainly give rise to bad breath or halitosis which can turn into a persistent dental condition with time.
- Protruding teeth are more likely to chip or get cracked. It could give rise to sudden accidents which can lead to bleeding.
Experience our effective orthodontic services today to enhance the appearance of your teeth. You can give us a call at 712-587-7623 to book your appointment. We work towards making every dental experience successful and convenient.
Orthodontic treatment has enormously evolved today. Metal braces were quite popular among people who had crooked or misaligned teeth but, today Invisalign is getting well-received by most people. The clear aligner defines comfort and it also has innumerable other advantages. You may prefer Invisalign for aligning your teeth if you find traditional braces quite discomforting.
There are certain things which you must follow after opting for an Invisalign if you want faster results.
Keep the below-mentioned points in mind if you want to get the most of your clear aligner.
- You must wear your clear aligner for 22 hours in a day if you want it to yield faster results. However, you can remove your Invisalign before eating something or brushing your teeth.
- The upkeep of your Invisalign is very important if you want it to sustain. Always remember to avoid hot water while cleaning the clear aligner because it may warp it. Never use a hard-bristled toothbrush to clean the Invisalign or else it can leave scratches on it. You can use an antibacterial soap to clean the clear aligner rather than using an abrasive toothpaste. Make sure to clean the Invisalign under running cold water after removing it each time and brush & floss your teeth before reinserting it. You can soak your clear aligner in a bowl of denture cleanser to keep them moist when you are not wearing the Invisalign.
- Not wearing your Invisalign on a regular basis can take time to show effective results. Thus, make sure you are wearing your clear aligner every day. Invisalign is comfortable to wear unlike metal braces, thus, you might not face any discomforts while wearing it.
- It might take time for you to get used to wearing your clear aligner and that does not mean you will avoid wearing it. You will eventually start getting comfortable with it, however, there should not be a sensation of pain after inserting the clear aligner because it does not have metal brackets.
Invisalign is almost invisible, thus it cannot be noticed, unlike traditional braces. It aligns your teeth discreetly. The food particles get trapped into the metal brackets of traditional braces due to which brushing and flossing become a problem, however, it is not the same with clear aligner as it is removable.
Get in touch with Whispering Creek Dental @712-587-7623 if you are looking for class apart orthodontic services. We believe in reinstating smiles.