Bad breath is not a direct sign of what you are consuming. Besides being a turn off for people who come in touch with you, it may also mean health problems.
Here are five reasons which trigger bad breath and ways of overcoming the same.
1) Unhealthy Teeth And Gums: Most of the issues with breathlessness and halitosis stem from poor teeth and gums. People who don’t take care of their dental hygiene are generally susceptible to the problem.
Solution-Clean your teeth and rinse your mouth properly to get rid of the food particles left behind on your teeth and gums from the last meal that you had.
2) Lack of Hydration: You may have bad breath if you don’t drink enough water. Saliva washes away the bacteria-causing residue. But not getting enough water will lead to less saliva, which will lead to stinking dead and rotting cells.
Solution-Drink 8-10 glasses of water at least, daily, at regular intervals.
3) Allergies: Allergies linked to nose and asthma are one of the main causes of bad breath.
Solution-Make sure you get rid of the allergies through proper care. Also, if you have any allergy, including sinus problems or tonsil infection, hydrate more, it helps to flush allergens out.
4) Consuming the wrong food: Garlic, uncooked onion and too many spices can lead to bad breath as well.
Solution-Use mild spices after each meal and always rinse your mouth. Often, avoid high-sugar foods, because they encourage more bacteria.
5) Acid reflux: If you ‘re having a common problem of getting gaseous sensations in your stomach, then you might have a bad breath too. A common cause of bad breath are heartburn, indigestion, and acid reflux.
Solution-Evite foods that can cause reflux, and try eating light. It is going to take care of other health issues too.
When none of these seem to work, you must look for professional help. Bad breath could be a clinical issue and is known as halitosis. Get your bad breath treatment in Sioux City IA from the best dentist near you.