Both veneers and dental bonding are used to improve the aesthetic appearance of your teeth, but, there is a difference between the dental procedures. They both are two separate cosmetic treatments and a lot of people get confused when it comes to understanding the differences between them.
Talking about dental bonding, it is a tooth-colored resin which is applied to your tooth to enhance its appearance. And a veneer is a thin dental layer made of porcelain material which is placed over a tooth.
Let’s Look Into The Procedure of Dental Bonding
- When you decide to go for a dental bonding, your dentist will first match the shade of the resin with your teeth to select the one that would suit you the best.
- The surface of your tooth will then be slightly etched.
- The dentist will then apply a conditioning liquid on your tooth.
- The tooth-colored resin will be applied to your teeth after that and a blue light will be used to bond the material to your tooth.
- The tooth-colored resin will be then shaped and polished.
Now Let Us Know The Procedure of Dental Veneer
- Your dentist will first remove a minor part of your enamel from the surface of the tooth.
- Right after that, an impression of your tooth will be taken.
- Your veneer will get constructed in the lab after that and it might take a few weeks to make the dental layer.
- The dental veneer will be placed on your tooth once it is made.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
- Dental bonding can be constructed within a single visit.
- It can repair a tooth that is slightly broken or chipped.
- It is an inexpensive dental procedure.
- Dental bonding looks like your natural teeth because it is a tooth-colored resin material.
This Is How Veneers Can Be Advantageous
- It can mend a broken or a chipped tooth.
- Dental veneers can also fill the gap between your missing teeth.
- The dental layer can treat a tooth that is too short.
- It can change the state of your discolored tooth.
Dental bonding or veneers can definitely repair your chipped, cracked or discolored tooth, but you must also follow a great oral hygiene to prevent dental diseases. Also see your dentist twice a year to keep your mouth healthy.
We at Whispering Creek Dental understand our patient’s dental problem and try our best to live up to their expectations. Give us a call today @712-587-7623 to book an appointment with us.